Quotes for the day!
This is the true joy in life – being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. ― George Bernard Shaw
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ― Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein was once asked how many feet are in a mile. Einstein's reply was, "I don't know, why should I fill my brain with facts I can find in two minutes in any standard reference book?”
Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. ― Bruce Lee
This is the homepage for some of the courses I teach at International Academy of Design & Technology. Here are a few links that may be useful to my students…and of course the many links at Blog 4U.
And BTW, "if I teach you nothing else, I hope to at least teach you how to learn…faster, deeper and better." – Steven Lane.
The following is a small bit about my background and experience. I hope to inspire my students to find true joy in life by taking ownership of their education and learning processes, to empower themselves to learn any technology, to have the confidence to meet any challenge they're faced with while coming together toward common goals and to also enjoy working with Geeks from all walks of life. And, last but not least, teach and lead me to new knowledge, understandings and better ways of doing things and vice versa.
Business Analyst, Project Management, Business Development, Marketing & Operations
iMAP Group; December 1997 – Present
- Expert knowledge in business analysis and utilization of Internet, IT and applicable hardware/software including requirements for HIPAA and SOX compliance.
- Able to establish quick rapport through excellent verbal/written communication to bring people together toward common goals. Enjoy working with Geeks from all walks of life.
- Provide business solutions to meet customer product requirements, define needs and objectives by consultation, technical knowledge and project management.
- Manage diverse client projects as principal business analysis ranging from critical access hospital consolidator to institutional investment research firm specializing in chemicals, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to Caribbean based national tourism publication.
- Determine business requirements and project specs for hosting, programming, software documentation and coordinate strategies to meet project deliverables.
- Design custom applications and training programs for clients on the use of Internet, IT, and new innovative processes through coaching, feedback and persuasive leadership.
- Facilitate communication between business and IT groups, understand groups' needs, make decisions to translate subject matter into business requisites.
- Plan, track, document, report activities; empower and support team members to surpass customer expectations with tools and techniques supporting a specific task.